Monday, September 21, 2009

Do you crave Sydney?

When I graduated college, I moved to Australia to teach English (my students wondered if I spoke English, since I sounded so funny to them with my Midwestern twang). Anyway, for a twenty-something like me who had never been away from home, living in Australia was, to put it mildly, an adventure. I lived in Geelong, which is about 40 miles west of Melbourne, right on the coast (again, an adventure for a landlocked Midwesterner). One of the many wonderful aspects about living in Australia and being a teacher there was that it seemed we were always on holiday. Two weeks here, a month there, a long weekend to explore Tasmania or a summer to drive across the Nullabor plain from Melbourne to Perth, all the while listening to cricket matches on the car radio.

Which is a needlessly roundabout way of getting to this new article from the Wall Street Journal about some travel opportunities coming up in October to visit Sydney, Australia. Just knowing that there are roundtrip tickets from Los Angeles to Sydney, starting at $799 is making me crave a Foster's (and it's only 10:15 a.m. as I write this to you).

You will never regret a visit to "the lucky country."

For more information, visit http://www.cravesydney.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment